Somali Cultural Awareness Training
Somali Cultural Awareness Training & Effect Khat ban has for the
Provided by: Somali Development Group
Date and time: Thursday 22nd of March 2018. From 09.30 till 15.00
Venue: White City, Community Centre, India Way,
Course length: Full Day
Cost: £120 per Participant
Booking: Tel: 07944483263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the course is to give participants an understanding of general Somali culture and Somali Diaspora. This includes discussing how Somali's come to the UK, how they are settle, issues they face, reasons for high unemployment, the gaps between youths and their parents, the history of the country and more.
· Somalis in Britain (and London)
· The History and Geography of Somalia
· Somali Society and Culture
· The Naming System
· Family Structure
· Traditional Customs and Food
· Do's and Don'ts When Visiting a Somali House
· Greetings and Gestures
· Rituals surrounding Births and Deaths
· Effect of Khat ban in the UK
Also covered in the course:
· Why Somalis come to this country.
· The cultural differences and how Somalis have settled.
· Somali Diaspora.
· The disengagement of young Somalis.
· The best ways to engage with the Somali community.
· Somali’s views towards Education/Health/Crime
· Piracy and Radicalisation
· Gap between young generation and Elders
· Best ways of approaching the Somali community
The course aims to be as fun and informative as possible
Certificate will be provided for those who attend.
A delicious lunch of Somali cultural food will be provided.
Somali Development Group
60 Old Market Street