Ealing CVS coordinates West London Network (WLN) which is the sub-regional body for the voluntary and community sector (VCS) in West London, covering the seven boroughs of Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow.
Its interests lie in the strategic development of West London’s VCS and facilitating discussions between the private and statutory sector and amongst the VCS itself.
WLN is directed by a Steering Group of voluntary and community organisations that operate in West London, ranging from local support and development (infrastructure) organisations to front line care providers. The Steering Group meet on a quarterly basis to oversee developments at a sub-regional level and implement new initiatives that support the aims of WLN: including sharing good practice models and discussing potential cross borough work. The Network also facilitates cross- borough funding bids.
The current Chair is Ricky Singh from Ealing Equality Council. For a full list of Steering Group members click here
Future Meeting Dates
- will be published here soon
WLN also supports four cross borough forums:
- Information to be updated
The West London BMER (Black, Minority Ethnic and Refugees) forum is a loose network made up of groups and charities in West London that are either membership-based around an ethnic identity group, like Afghan or Latin American, or aim to support people who have migrated or sought refuge in the UK.
For future activities, please contact Janpal Basran: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 020 8574 8855
West London LGBT Forum
The West London Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) Forum was established in 2006 to address the issues and needs of LGBT people across the West London boroughs of Brent, Ealing, Harrow, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon, and Hounslow.
The aim of the West London LGBT Forum is to increase LGBT engagement and services in West London by:
- Bringing together statutory and voluntary organisations, LGBT groups and residents
- Promoting and encouraging equality for LGBT residents
- Sharing best practice
- Supporting the development of LGBT community groups and helping to set up new LGBT groups, forums and networks
- Providing funding advice and support, training and other practical support to LGBT groups and communities
- Promoting joint working by statutory and voluntary sector organisations and LGBT groups and communities
- Identifying gaps in provision for LGBT residents and communities
- Influencing LGBT policy development and service provision
- Linking to and developing partnerships with LGBT initiatives across London and nationally
For more information or to receive the forum eNews email:
Training and Employment Forum
The West London Training & Employment Network (TEN) meets quarterly, and is open to all organisations involved in Education, Training and Employment issues in West London. These meetings are a forum for information exchange, discussing key issues, and coming together as a sector to collaborate on some of the biggest challenges facing training and employment provision through the VCS.
There are often guest speakers, networking time, and opportunities to develop partnerships for joint funding bids and action.
For more information contact info to be updated soon
West London Collaborating for Change
The West London Collaborating for Change (C4C) Programme was funded as part of the Transforming Infrastructure Fund by the Big Lottery and Cabinet Office.
Two useful tools developed via C4C that are still available are:
- West London VCS Stats Bank: free stats you can use in funding bids
- West London VCS Equalities Toolkit: to help you review and develop your equalities policies
For more information email Iain Elliott on email@example.com Tel: 0208 280 2281, or Andy Roper on firstname.lastname@example.org.